MV INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL FOLLOWS CBSE CURRICULUM
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is a national level board of education for public and private schools. It is controlled and managed by Union Government of India. There are approximately 19,316 schools in India and 211 schools in 25 foreign countries affiliated to the CBSE. It is one the most preferred boards within India and Middle East. CBSE is recognized by the NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training). CBSE syllabus is very structured, highly predictable and controlled. It makes use of standardised textbooks. The board conducts two examinations — the All India Secondary School Examination, AISSE (Class X) and the All India Senior School Certificate Examination, AISSCE (Class XII).
The curriculum focuses on holistic growth of the students. Plan of studies in CBSE steadily grows from basics in Primary Classes to the Senior Secondary Level. All major national entrance examinations for colleges and universities are conducted as per this syllabus.
The syllabus is divided into four major portions:
1. Primary Level (Classes I to V):
The focus is on English, Hindi, Mathematics, EVS, Computers, Art & Craft, Music (Vocal & Instrumental), Dance (Traditional & Contemporary), Health and Physical Education & General Knowledge. Third language Sanskrit is introduced from class III onwards.
2. Upper Primary Level (Classes VI to VIII):
Scheme of studies in this section includes following subject: English, Hindi, Mathematics, Science, Social Science, Computers, Art & Craft, Music (Vocal & Instrumental), Dance (Traditional & Contemporary), Health & Physical Education, General Knowledge and third language Sanskrit.
3. Secondary Level (Classes IX & X):
In this segment the subject combinations are as English, Hindi, Mathematics, Science, Social Science, Computers, Health & Physical Education.
4. Senior Secondary Level (Classes XI & XII):Subject combinations are:
- Non-Medical: English, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, PhE/ C++ & Painting.
- Medical: English, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, PhE & Painting.
- Commerce: English, Business Studies, Economics, Accountancy, PhE & Painting.
- Humanities: English, History, Economics, Political Science, PhE & Painting.